Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Access

I really enjoyed My Access. I think that it is a very useful tool that all school districts should invest in. It was fun to see all the different things you could do with the language, word banks, and even the spell and grammar check for when it corrects text language. It is a fun way to write and the best thing about it is that you can get your results immediately. This is really good for both students and teachers. For the students they can see their results right away that way they are not constantly asking the teacher when they will get their papers back, it is also good for the students because they will know right away what they need to work on for the next writing assignment. so that way they do not make the same mistakes over and over again. It is useful for the teacher because he/she does not have to worry about grading twenty papers for the next day, so that the students can have their results as soon as possible, actually he/she really dose not have to grade the papers at all, because the computer will do it for him/her. I wish that we had more time to experiment with My Access, both as a teacher and as a student because there are still some things that I do not fully understand. I like how using My Access seems to improve not only the students writing, but also their outlook on writing. I mean I love to write, in fact if I did not want to be a teacher, I think i would become a writer. However, their are so many students and adults out there who cringe at the thought of writing a paper, I think that if everyone got the chance to use My Access, not only would it improve their actual writing, but it would also improve their feelings about writing, because My Access will give them a positive feeling towards writing. I love My access, I wish that they made it for younger grades that students in the first through third grades could also use it. I wish that we had more time to work on My Access so that I could understand it and experiment with it more, this way I could full appreciate what it has to offer.

1 comment:

Dr. Luongo said...

You claimed, "I wish that they made it for younger grades that students in the first through third grades could also use it."

I think the same thing. would you like to write the program with me?

;)

Thanks for your thoughts!