Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Free Topic: School Issues and Rules

I am taking a hint from Dr. Luongo's Teaching Language Arts Class and bringing up the idea of book bags and or backpacks in the classroom and weather they should or should not be allowed. Personally I believe that book bags should be allowed, I did not have a middle school where I lived. I could really only imagine what it was and his like for students to carry books from one end of the school to the next and to not be able to have a book bag with them. I mean what if you have first period in room 102 and then your second period is in room 412 so not only is that up three flights of stairs, but it would most likely also be one the other side of the school. Now i know that two books does not seem like a lot, but imagine if you were eleven or twelve years old and you had to carry your books for two or more classes throughout your school which is most likely new to you and you cannot carry a book bag, it would be horrible. Many people will say that it is safer for kids top not be allowed to carry book bags because you can never really know what another child has in his or her own book bag. At the same time most schools and or school districts where you have to worry about things like that, have things called metal detectors. I do not see what the big deal is. It is not like the kids are in college and have ten to fifteen minutes between consecutive classes, they only have three-five, and believe me that is not enough time to be able get from one end of school to another and to also have to stop at your locker.

1 comment:

Dr. Luongo said...

Anni,

You are on your way to writing a great persuasive essay.

Save this thought for next week in the computer lab when we use My Access!