Friday, March 20, 2009

Praxis again

For anyone taking the Elementary Education Content knowledge Praxis, I suggest that you get the Kaplan book over the ETS book. I already took the Praxis and only used the ETS book to study, and it did not help for the Elementary Education Content Knowledge Test. I am taking the test again in April and have been using the Kaplan book, and have found it to be extremely helpful. This however, is my own personal opinion. The ETS book is better for those of you who wish to take a higher level version of the Praxis. The Kaplan book has a full version of the Elementary Education Content Knowledge Test while the ETS only gives you a few questions. Also the questions in the Kaplan book are more similar to the questions on the test, and they explain the answers better. Once again only my opinion.

2 comments:

Dr. Luongo said...

Thanks!

Wendy said...

Thanks for your advice, I am actually planning in taking the Praxis, but I was not sure if to prepare by taking a class or buying a book. Yes, I found this information helpful, since I remember you said, you were taking a preparation course before. Good luck, I hope you did well on the test!